Photo: Jon Green
Highlights of the Mamu
Trevor was born in Subiaco WA on 7 March 1975. Trevor is experienced in both
Theatre and Film and has a charisma and style that is absolutely stunning. He is also a talented didgeridoo player, guitarist, singer, dancer and storyteller.
Awards and Accolades
Nominated - Best Leading Man for "Namatjira" - Sydney Theatre Awards 2010. The Sydney Morning Herald notes - Namatjira rests almost entirely on the
shoulders of Trevor Jamieson, whose persuasive, free-flowing performance - as actor, dancer, guide, teacher and stand-up comedian poking gentle fun at our
white liberal sensitivities - confirms him as one of our most charismatic and talented leading men.
Best Leading Man for Ngapartji Ngapartji - Sydney Theatre Awards 2008
Most Outstanding Achievement in Film, TV or Theatre for Ngapartji Ngapartji - Deadly Awards 2008. Of Ngapartji Ngapartji - "This extraordinary work from Big
hART and its leading performer and co-creator Trevor Jamieson is indeed a gift - an emotional, educational, effective and deeply affecting experience of
indigenous history as told through Jamieson's family, forebears and cultural traditions" - Sydney Morning Herald.
- 2013 - "Namatjira" - Southbank in London Dec 2013, Big hART.
2013 - "Storm Boy" - Barking Gecko and Sydney Theatre
Company, Director John Sheedy, Sydney and Perth seasons.
- 2013 - "Hipbone Sticking Out" - Canberra July 2013, Big hART.
- 2013 - "Secret River" - Sydney Theatre Company and Perth Festival -
Director Niel Armfield.
- 2012 - "Ngapartji 1" - Canberra Theatre Centre
- 2012 - "Namatjira" - Tour of Queensland, NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory.
- 2011 - "Namatjira" - Malthouse Theatre and tour of outer Melbourne and country NSW.
- 2010 - "Namatjira" - Belvoir Company B and Big hART, directed by Scott
Rankin and Wayne Blair, nominated in 8 categories in the Sydney Theatre Awards.
- 2010 - "Nyuntu Ngali" - Windmill Productions and Sydney Theatre
- 2009 - "Nyuntu Ngali" - Windmill Productions, Directed by Scott Rankin.
- 2008 "Ngapartji Ngapartji"- Earnabella Tour, September.
- 2008 "Ngapartji Ngapartji"- Art at the Heart' conference Alice Springs,
- 2008 "New Black Directors" FTC Workshop, Sydney
- 2008 "Salamanca" - project development in Broome, WA, Stalker Theatre
- 2008 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" - Sydney Festival, Belvoir Theatre, produced by
- 2007 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" – Adelaide Cabaret Festival, SA, produced by
- 2007 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" – Dreaming Festival, Brisbane QLD, produced
by Big hArt.
- 2007 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" – Perth International Arts Festival WA, produced
by Big hArt.
- 2007 "Long Black Lab" – workshop for To Hell & Bourke and Bran Nu Dae.
- 2006 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" – Melbourne Festival, produced by Big hArt.
- 2006 "Burning Daylight" – project development and DVD Production,
- 2006 "Anangu Backyard" – Adelaide Arts Centre, produced by Big hArt.
- 2005 "Ngapartji Ngapartji" - Melbourne Festival in October and this
production was further developed 2006, produced by Big hArt.
- 2004 "Yandy" - played the Storyteller in Black Swan Theatre Production of
directed by Rachael Mazza
- 2004 "Burning Daylight" – project development in Broome, WA, Stalker
- 2002 "Crying Baby" – Sydney Festival – Stalker Theatre Company
- 2002 "Career Highlights of the Mamu" - Adelaide Festival, Perth Season 10
May to 2 June 2002, Hamburg Festival, Germany in August.
- 2001 "Crying Baby" - toured Ireland, Holland, Belgium
- 2000 "Plain Song" - written by David Whittton and produced by Black
Swan Theatre Company.
- 2000 "Crying Baby" - Festival of Darwin produced by Marrugeku Theatre
Co and Stalker Theatre Company.
- 1999 "King for this Place" – written by Neil Murray and produced by the
Deck Chair Theatre.
- 1997 "Corrugation Road" - played Barry and the Patient, written by Jimmy
Chi and produced by Black Swan Theatre Co. Also toured in 1998.
- 1996 "Merry-go-round in the Sea" - produced by Black Swan Theatre
- 1993 "Bran Nu Dae" - played Willie, written by Jimmy Chi and produced by
Black Swan Theatre Company.
- 1993 Aboriginal Musical Theatre Training Course under the guidance of
Michael Lesley. The 3 month course taught acting, singing and dancing.
- 1991 "Honey Pot" - played Cousin William, written by Jack Davies and
directed by Lynn Narkle.
Film, Television & Documentaries
- 2012 "Around the Block" – Uncle Rex, produced by Brian Rosen and Su Armstrong
- 2011 "My Place" Bunda Episode 11 September 2011 - ABC3 Children's Television
- 2009 "Lockie Leonard - plays Rev Eggleston - TV Series produced by Kylie De Frense Goalpost Productions
- 2008 "The Death of the Megabeasts" – plays Early Human - Television Documentary produced by Prospero
Productions, directed by Franco Di Chiera.
- 2008 "Three Acts of Murder" – plays Larry Dooley - Telefeature produced by Sue Taylor, directed by Rowan
- 2007 "Your Not Playing That" – plays Dad - Deadly Yarns Series 3, directed by Kelli Cross and produced by
- 2006 "Lockie Leonard" - plays Rev Eggleston - TV Series produced by Kylie De Frense
- 2006 "Done Dirt Cheap" – played Amos - produced by Film Depot Pty Ltd.
- 2006 "Mobile" – short comedy film produced by Paul Roberts.
- 2006 "Ooldea" – voiceover and co-writer - documentary produced by CM Films, directed by Carmelo Musca.
- 2005 "Main Actors" – Deadly Yarns Series 2, directed by Mandy Corunna and produced by Irma Woods.
- 2005 "Weewar" – Deadly Yarns Series 2, produced by Naomi Ashcroft.
- 2001 "Rabbit Proof Fence" – played the policeman - Jabal Films.
- 2000 "Kulli Foot" - won Dendy Award.
- 1997 "Kings in Grass Castles" - played Romeo in this telemovie.
- 1997 "My Bed Your Bed" by Erica Glynn - won Dendy Award for Best Shot Film.
- 1995 "Wildcat Falling" Sydney adaptation.
- 1995 "Subi Shorts" – Perth ABC Documentary.
- 1995 "Coolbaroo Club" - Perth ABC Documentary.
- 1994 "Heartland" - played Nobby in this telemovie.
Didge, Dance & Music
- 2012 - Performed with Black Arm Band – "Dirtsong" at the Darwin Festival and at the Melbourne Recital
- 2009 - Performed guitar and vocals with Heath Bergersen and Andrew Thomas at the second LGMA
Functional Communities Conference held at UWA in Perth, Western Australia.
- 2008 - Wheatbelt Festival WA - storytelling and dance
- 2007 - Joins Heath Bergersen playing guitar on CD "Travelling Friends".
- 2005 - "Festival of the Wind" – performer, Esperance, WA.
- 2004 - Performed didge and dance at the Rock n' Royal Concert in Denmark, 7 May 2004 - Part of the
wedding celebrations of Crown Prince Frederik and Australian Mary Donaldson.
- 2004 - Performed didge and dance for Austrade promotion in Denmark the following week.
- 2002 - Promotional launch of Emirates Airline from Germany into Perth, August in Germany.
View more details and photos of Trevor in the following production and project pages: